The advantages in detail
- The BORINOX® treatment is extremely dimensionally stable and distortion-free. Even sensitive components with large cross-section differences do not represent a problem for successful hardening.
- The special BORINOX® procedure designed specifically for stainless steel is carried out below 400°C.
- All components can be manufactured to their finished dimensions and no subsequent processing is required.
- Dimensional and shaping changes, familiar from other thermal treatment procedures such as traditional hardening, nitriding or carburizing, do not occur.
- Expensive processing consequences, such as the manufacturing of smaller components, coating (chrome-plating, nickel-plating, armoring, thermal spraying) and extensive subsequent grinding of the surface are not required.
Distortion-free hardening of stainless steel
In order to work economically, methods of hardening steel are required which both prevent distortion and save work. The BORINOX® procedure is suitable for hardening many stainless steel types whilst continuing to maintain corrosion resistance. Distortion is prevented by the extremely low treatment temperature during the process.
Are you looking for a excellent wear protection solution for your stainless steel products with distortion risks? The BORINOX® treatment is the ideal solution!